Saturday, March 3, 2012

APPLE GHEE CAKE

This is the first cake I tried in my life. It was during the first X'mas season after my wedding. I remember that I didn't have a beater at that time. So I made the cake batter using my mixie and it got overloaded and it stopped working. I had to reset it again. I didn't have a baking dish so I baked it on a Pyrex glass dish.Anyway cake came out well.And I baked 4-5 cakes and gave it to my family members, friends and neighbors. One day I had a craving for that cake again and that night I made it again using a beater and baked it on a regular baking dish . Here goes the picture of that. It is really a yummy soft cake. I got lot of compliments for this cake from my friends and neighbors. Many were asking for the recipe. Some of them have tried this recipe and told me that it came out pretty well.


Ingredients:
Sugar - 1-11/4 cup
Apple chopped with its skin - 3 cup
All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Egg - 3
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Chopped cashew nut - 1 cup

Method:

  • Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
  • Grease a 9" baking pan.
  • In a saucepan, take half cup of sugar. Stir continuously. Add apple when the sugar become golden in color. Stir continuously in low flame till the sugar melts. Remove from flame and let it cool.
  • Sieve Maida, Baking Soda and Cinnamon powder.
  • Mix the remaining sugar, vegetable oil and ghee. Beat well. Add egg one by one, beating after each egg. Add vanilla essence. Beating in between, add the dry ingredients slowly. Stir in apple and cashew nuts.
  • Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 40 min.
Topping:
Caramelized syrup - 2 tbsp
Butter- 75 gm
Condensed Milk- 1/2 tin

Mix all these ingredients and heat it on low flame until it thickness. Pour it over the cake when the cake cools.

Note:
I made the topping syrup only the first time I baked. After that I made plain cake. Because most of people seems to prefer plain cakes.



Source: Vanitha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, waiting to hear from you ! Your questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome....