Thursday, March 1, 2012

MINT- PESTO LAMB CHOPS

One day while I was going through my American recipe collections to try out something new I came across this recipe. I usually make Indian stuff at home. For me it is really easy to try out Indian dishes since ingredients are known to me and most of the ingredients are in my kitchen shelf. But when I browse through foreign recipes what happens is that I will be having one or 2 ingredients rest I have to search through shop shelves. There will be cheeses, sauces  and spices I have never heard of . This recipe seemed to be simple and easy to make without much searching for ingredients.

Here goes the recipe:



Ingredients:
LAMB:
lamb rib chops- 1 rack 
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
SAUCE:
Pomegranate juice - 2 cups
Balsamic Vinegar - 1 cup
PESTO:
 Mint leaves- 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves- 1/4 cup
Garlic cloves- 8
Salt - 1 tsp
Pepper- 1 tsp
Olive oil - 1/4 cup

Method:
  • In a large saucepan, boil pomegranate juice and balsamic vinegar. On medium heat cook until it is reduced to half cup.
  • For pesto, Place  mint, coriander, garlic, salt and pepper  in a small food processor or mixie bowl. grind well. While processing, gradually add olive oil in a steady stream.
  • Coat chops with pesto. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown lamb in oil on all sides.
  • Bake uncovered , at 450 O oven for 15-20 min or until meat reaches desired doneness. (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 0 ; medium 160 ; well-done 170)
  • Drizzle with pomegranate sauce.
Note:  When I made it second time I didn't make the pomegranate sauce. But it tastes good without sauce too. You can serve it with salad, mashed potato etc.

Serve: 8

Recipe adapted from "Taste of home contest winners"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, waiting to hear from you ! Your questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome....