Monday, February 27, 2012

Home-made Lemonade Syrup

Home-made Lemonade Syrup

In my family, we all are more fond of juice than tea or coffee. Juice, we prefer homemade or fresh juices. So my Mom always make syrup and keep it in fridge. She makes syrup using home- grown lemon, lovelolika (something like cranberry) , passion fruit etc... when they are in plenty.  While I am at home in India, I loved to make lemonade Syrup. There is some beauty reason behind it. After taking juice from 10-20 lemons my hands becomes soft. Health wise , it is all natural with no preservatives. After the initial work, it is all easy. We just have to add water or soda to the syrup.  Here goes the recipe....



Ingredients: 

Lime or Lemon juice - 1 cup
Ginger (Crushed) - 150 gm
Sugar - 1 1/2 kg
Water - 3 cup

Method:

In a sauce pan, add water, crushed ginger, sugar. Keep it on low-medium heat, till the sugar melts. Cool and strain. Add the lime juice. Refrigerate.

Source: My mother
Picture Courtesy : My Sister (While going through my blog she found that  this recipe lack a picture so she took a picture of my mother's lemonade syrup and send it to me. Good work, sis! )





4 comments:

  1. its passion fruit dear not fashion fruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for bringing it to my attention, friend.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you will be a
    great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great posts, have a nice morning!


    Feel free to surf to my web page :: anonymous chats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend for the kind words and encouragement !

      Delete

Readers, waiting to hear from you ! Your questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome....